top of page

English Language for Federal Skilled Workers

English language requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program must be done through IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program).

You will be required to choose the General Training option. Academic options will not be accepted for Express Entry. You will need to ensure you meet the minimum language threshold; Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). Canadian system of measuring English as a Second Language (ESL) proficiency levels.

The test must have been completed per requirements within the last two years or you will be required to retake the test should it expire. The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

There are several testing locations internationally where you apply, and in some cases study toward your English exam. Fees apply to both.

Best to ensure you have everything in order and up-to-date before submitting your application.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page